Brief explanation of Above mentioned Diagram:
- There are 2 critical VMs running on ESXi Host & residing on some LUN coming from any Storage Array.
- Both Initiator and Target are having 2-dual port HBA installed.
- Due to critical workload, there should be no downtime for VMs which means LUN should always be accessible.
The Question here is
- Find out the correct storage design out of below options making VMs highly available in case of Initiator, switch and Storage failure.
NONE OF THE ABOVE
None of the Above
Explanation of this Answer
1. Scenario-1: VMs will become inaccessible if below combination goes down.
- HBA-0 and SP-1 or HBA-1 and SP-0 goes down
- HBA-0 and Switch-1 or HBA-1 and Switch-0 goes down
- Scenario-2: VMs will become inaccessible if below combination goes down.
- SP-0 and Switch-1 or SP-1 and Switch-0 goes down.
- Scenario-3: VMs will become inaccessible if below combination goes down.
- Both ports of HBA-0 and Switch-1 goes down.
- Both ports of HBA-1 and Switch-2 goes down.
- That’s the reason, Answer would be NONE OF THE ABOVE and correct design would be as mentioned below: